Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spinach and Artichoke Dip that Will Keep your Guests Asking for More!!!



So last Friday my husband and I attended a BBQ for a friend's going away party. I wanted to bring something special, that could easily be transported and that did not require too much fuss (let's face it, no one wants to have to assemble a dish for one hour once you get to a party!). 

I first I thought maybe I'll bring a salad, then I thought this party is a bunch of guys' place so there may or may not be utensils to eat said salad so scratch that. Then I thought how about some bite size appetizers, but then I started to wonder just how many people are gonna be at this thing? and since I had no idea I thought I better better bring something that can feed a crowd. So how about a dip? 


When they think of a dip, people go for the traditional salsa or guacamole, but I decided to go with something a little more intricate a spinach and artichoke dip. Although we lived about half an hour for the party, I figured I could cook it at home at serve it there. All I had to do is wrap the dish in aluminum foil once it was cooked and voila we were on our way to the party. 


The dip was a success and it was enough to please the large crowd. Bonus, I didn't have to do anything special to it when we got there so I got to hang out with my friends and didn't have to worry about a thing! 
Hope you enjoy it too!

Baked Spinach and Artichoke dip

(inspired from a recipe found on Sweetspot.ca)

One 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed
3/4 cup light sour cream
1 package (8 oz) light cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 garlic glove, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375F.
Using your food processor, finely chop the artichoke hearts and spinach.
Add the sour cream and mix well.
In a bowl, mash together the cream cheese, the parmesan cheese, garlic and salt and pepper until well blended.

Add the cream cheese mixture to the artichoke and the spinach, stir well.
Place the dip in a baking dish (in this case I used a large souffle dish).
Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella.
Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 25 minutes. 
Serve wam with tortilla chips or baguette.
Serves a large crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment