Saturday, June 4, 2011

Diner Party Part 4: Warm Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberry sauce

A few years back while at a cocktail party, I tried little Brie and Cranberry phyllo triangle and right away I was smitten! I quickly became obsessed not only to replicate this recipe, but with baked Brie in general (good thing that my husband love cheese!).

Luckily, for our wedding, two friends of ours got us this awesome Brie baker which only further fuelled my passion for warm cheese. Baked Brie with caramelized fruits and nuts, jellies, maple butter, you name it I tried it (and loved them all!)!

Since I always like to serve a cheese course at my dinner parties, I decided to go with yet another brie for this particular dinner (I had to twist my guests' arm for them to eat it... not). Since working with phyllo dough can be fussy, I decided to try to put the whole brie in puff pastry. It was a success, there was no Brie left!

This is a really easy recipe and I promise it will impress all your guests!

Enjoy!

Warm Brie in Puff Pastry with Cranberry Sauce

1 small round Brie of your choice at room temperature (will melt more easily)
1/2 package of Puff pastry (regular package is 397g)
1/2 can of cranberry sauce (I like using the one with actual fruits in it, not the jelly kind)


Pre-heat the toaster oven or the oven at 350F
Roll out your Puff pastry


Place the Brie at the center of your puff pastry and cover with cranberry sauce


Fold the puff pastry over the Brie and the cranberry sauce (make sure that you close it properly otherwise there will be spills!)


Place the brie in the Brie baker or in a small baking dish if you don't have a Brie baker and place in the oven (it is always a good idea to place a baking sheet under your Brie baker just in case)


Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden. Serve immediately!
Can be enjoyed on its own or with fresh baguette


Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment