Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Refreshing Appetizer

I know, I know, it's been almost a week since my last post, but summer is such a crazy time for me both at work and socially. As soon as the nice weather starts it seems like everyone wants to hang out (which is a fantastic thing of course!). With the nice weather also comes gardening and all the summer sports (in my case softball and pretending I can golf...). Have you also notice how everyone seems happy in the summer? Regardless how bad one's day has been, it's nothing that having a cold beer or frozen drink on a terrasse won't cure!

So my husband and I spent the last weekend enjoying the nice weather walking around our little town and attending different festivities. There was a car show going on (so many cars and so many people, it was insane!) and we saw some pretty cool cars, including one of my all time favorite: the DeLorean (what can I say, I love, love Back to the Future, bonus it was on the next day!). After walking around for a while we came home to enjoy some refreshing drinks (Strawberry daiquiri was my drink of the day!) and some appetizers.

Luckily I had a few key ingredients on hand. Fresh Mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil. That's all I needed to whip up some mini cheese kebabs! They're super quick to put together (I'd say including taking all the ingredients of the fridge and serving them, it took about 15 minutes) and they are a crowd pleaser. Over the years I've done several variation, but the one we enjoy the most is this one. Enjoy!

Mini mozzarella and tomato kebabs
(inspired by a recipe from Kraft Canada)

1 ball of fresh mozzarella
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
1 sweet bell pepper
1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian vinaigrette


The pepper into 1 inch cubes and place on a toothpick



 Cut the mozzarella in one inch cubes and place on the toothpick


Take the basil leaves and place them on the toothpick


Do the same with the cherry tomatoes


Once all your kebabs are ready, place on a plate and poor the dressing over the kebab. Let in rest for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment